[AP] FIREWALL HEAT SHIELD - MAZDASPEED 3 07-13 GEN1 & GEN2 - ADAPTED PERFORMANCE
Please use item drop down menus for stock status & to select your coating + heat shield tape options.
V2 Batch 4 - Eta 12/04 - Now offering 1200 degree coating.
V2 Batch 5 - Eta 04/05 Raw aluminum - Eta 04/15 Satin Black 1200 Degree coating
New release from Adapted Performance
-V2 MAZDASPEED 3 FIREWALL HEAT SHIELD-
Fitment for all 07 - 13 Mazdaspeed 3*
Our new firewall heat shield was designed to be the most affordable option on the market. We also achieved our goal to have the most clearance of any shield currently available. During testing we found that the shield itself in the raw(no heat tape) provided enough thermal protection for the hoses and lines behind it, but we took it one step further and made the tape a self install option.
Replace the ugly oem heat shield(Pictured) that falls apart and is an eye sore. Our shield not only looks great it is functional too.
- Made from .040 Thick 5052 aluminum
- Sold in raw aluminum or with a satin black 1200 degree coating - Heat tape is optional and is not applied to the shield(sent loose in box)
- Recommended to use the Heat tape with raw / painted finishes, but it is not needed with our 1200 degree coating option.
- Additional reflective fiberglass heat tape provides an excellent thermal barrier to protect the hoses and A/c lines under the most extreme conditions on the street or track.
- New stainless steel installation hardware
- Revised shape for even better fitment and clearance over the v1 for aftermarket manifolds.
- Sold as a functional heat shield and not intended as a decorative piece. The raw aluminum option is a Diy kit and it will show marks from the manufacturing and bending process. You can install and use as is, or you can self polish with scotch brite if a more uniform finish is desired. Painting, powder coating, wrapping with heat proof material & ceramic coating to achieve desired appearance are all options you can do too.
Buyer has the option to select either Silver or Gold reflective heat tape to ship loose with the shield (not pre installed).
Installation note - Make sure the bottom tab is tucked inside of the slot on the factory lower firewall heat shield.
(*tested for fitment with oem and aftermarket stock turbo placement internally wastegated manifolds. - While our shield does provide more clearance than even the oem shield, we have not tested all manifolds for fitment - if your current manifold does not touch the oem heat shield then our shield will clear your manifold)